Welcome to I Love God Ministries. You can subscribe to our RSS for instant notifications. We Love you but God Loves you More...

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Where Do You Fit In?


No matter what God has called you to do in life, your calling or “job description” can be found enveloped within one or more of these eight operations of God. And if you are born again, you are called to fill that operation by the power of the Holy Spirit.

“Do you know which operation I’m called to fill, Brother Roberson?” you may ask. No, I don’t know. The measure of faith has been placed on the inside of you in seed form (Rom. 12:3).
Your calling is hidden in that seed for you, not for me, to discover. Ephesians 4:7 says, But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. A measure is part of a whole. The “whole” that Paul is talking about here is the Body of Christ. It is a Body with many members in particular, each with an individual calling. Just as a person’s physical body has many members with different functions, such as hands, eyes, ears, a nose, and a mouth, Paul says that the Body of Christ also includes different operations that together make up the whole.

What are you separated unto? What is your grace, your measure, your part in the whole operation of the Body of Christ? Whatever it is, God gives you grace for it. That’s why Paul said this:
For I say, THROUGH THE GRACE GIVEN UNTO ME, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. — Romans 12:3

In essence Paul was saying, “I’m going to speak to you according to the separation of God to my apostolic office. I didn’t merit it. I didn’t deserve it. God not only gave me the grace for my office — He gave me the faith to fulfill it. Therefore, don’t think that you’re some kind of special vehicle for God just because you’re called to a certain office.”

Some ministers have the attitude, “I’m a mighty apostle. Get me a Rolls Royce or the Rams football team to exalt me, you poor, beat-up sheep. I’m a special calling and gift that is given to you, so you better treat me right.” It’s that type of attitude that Paul warned about when he said, “Think of yourself soberly, realizing that God is the One who has dealt to every man the measure of faith for his calling and his office. In fact, God not only gave you the grace to receive your calling, He also gave you the grace to fulfill it.”

{Source: The Walk of the Spirit, The Walk of Power}

No comments:

Post a Comment